In order to achieve WASCOP objectives, the work plan is divided into Seven Work Packages (WPs), each targeting specific objectives, tasks and expected results.
Work Package 1 Requirements and specifications
WP Leader: CEA
- Technical and economical, qualitative and quantitative toolbox requirements.
- Technical specifications for all toolbox technologies as base for future development.
- Scenario definition, test plan and validation methods, selection of test site.
Work Package 2 Innovative cooling strategies and means
WP Leader HdH
- Optimize the cooling strategy for heat rejection from the power block.
- Increase the integrability of water saving coolers in CSP plants.
Work Package 3 Novel cleaning approaches
WP Leader TEK
- Enhancement of the soiling mechanisms understanding and solar field status monitoring.
- Reduction of the cleaning needs for optical surfaces, including reflectors and absorber glasses.
- Optimisation of the cleaning operations.
Work Package 4 Technical, economic and environmental analysis
WP Leader MAS
- Evaluate the economic and environmental impacts of WASCOP suggested toolbox for CSP power plants, either for the cleaning or the cooling aspects.
- Assessment from a sustainability point of view the methodologies and solutions developed within WP1 to WP3 by the consortium partners.
Work Package 5 Deployment and validation
WP Leader CIE
- On site and real scale evaluation of innovative cooling approaches.
- On site and real scale evaluation of innovative cleaning approaches.
- Providing experimental performance and water consumption data associated to each technology to assess the different specific models and systems developed.
- Evaluation synthesis of all the saving water tools tested within this WP.
Work Package 6 Public awareness and results exploitation
WP Leader AMI
- Increase public awareness of the potential of concentrated solar power technologies and their application.
- Introduce training for CSP professionals and prepare educational tutorials for students, technicians and engineers.
- Develop a new business model for WASCOP toolbox.
- Manage the collective impact of the consortium throughout the course of the project.
- Contribute to new and on-going international standardization efforts on energy management.
Work Package 7 Management and coordination
WP Leader CEA
- Coordinating the actions of participants and progress monitoring for achievements of project goals.
- Financial and administrative management.
- Reliable interface to the EC services.
- Due reporting of consortium activities and achievements.